Managing Professional Growth
Fuel and Focus for Continued Development and Impact
One of the most persistent challenges organizations face is achieving optimized productivity and commitment from the people who do the work. GP Strategies’ Managing Professional Growth (MPG) equips people with the motivation, insights, and tools for aligning their interests with those of the organization, increasing their satisfaction, and transforming their performance through our program.
Through manager feedback, group workshops, and peer consulting, participants will explore their motivators, skills, and work requirements while actively analyzing and planning their career development.
- Duration: Two 3-hour virtual models or a 1-day in-person experience
- Target Audience: Employees at all levels
- Class Size: Up to 20 participants
Individual analysis and planning are interspersed with discussion and multiple peer consulting breakouts. Content includes:
- Your Values: Great day exercise, identifying your top 5, putting values into action.
- Your Work: Feedback Report overview and analysis.
- Your Plan: Introduction to the Growth Conversation.
Participants return online to watch a video and draft their Growth Conversation plans.
This session builds on the analysis and planning already completed and provides multiple opportunities for participants to strategize with peers in breakouts. The strategy focus builds confidence and helps ensure participants will conduct successful Growth Conversations. Content includes:
- Your Plan: Review and discuss ideas for talking about work priorities, work environment, talents, development needs, growth opportunities, and gaps in perceptions around the job and skills.
- Your Next Steps: Fine-tune the Growth Conversation plan, strategies to address concerns, personal commitments for action.
- Participant Action: After Module 2, participants conduct a Growth Conversation with their manager to confirm top work priorities, clarify the work environment, explore differing perceptions of skills, and identify ways to build on strengths and address development needs.
- Result: Targeted development ideas and ongoing action toward maximum job satisfaction and maximum job contribution.
- Automated Email Nudges: The MPG site sends nudges over the next year to encourage participants to revisit workshop insights, progress on their action plans, shifting organizational priorities, and ongoing conversations with their manager. The final nudge encourages them to complete a new self-assessment, ask for feedback, and conduct a Growth Conversation with their manager (no workshop required).
Get in touch.
Let’s elevate your business together.
Transformation doesn’t happen overnight if you’re doing it right. We continuously deliver measurable outcomes and help you stay the course – choose the right partner for your journey.
Our suite of offerings include:
- Consulting Services | Aligning vision and strategy to deliver integrated and systemic business results to drive growth and change through people.
- Learning Services | Modern learning strategies, content, experiences, and delivery approaches that optimize workforce performance.
- Technologies | An ecosystem of learning and talent tools, systems, platforms, and expertise that enable learning and talent transformation.