Leading People is a leadership development program that equips frontline managers with skills and strategies to engage and unleash the expertise, independence, and performance of their direct reports. Based on our research and experience, the program has achieved proven success with hundreds of leading companies through the development of thousands of leaders worldwide.
The program is ready to deploy in its standard configuration or to be customized and contextualized by a GP Strategies learning consultant to better meet your needs. Designed in a modular fashion, Leading People allows you to select the most relevant topics for your organization and learners.
Leading People content includes:
Foundations of Leadership—required | four hours
The core module includes four key topics:
- Understanding engagement—understand what drives employees and how to move business objectives forward.
- Building trust—learn to create, repair, and maintain trust levels with team members and throughout the organization.
- Communication skills—learn to ask strategic questions, listen actively, and convey benefits to meet goals and build strong relationships.
- Communication strategy—develop a thoughtful framework to plan for critical conversations.
Content Modules—optional | two hours per module
- Setting Goals Improve performance by setting and supporting SMART goals.
- Delegating Responsibility Increase contribution and satisfaction without micromanaging.
- Giving Feedback Promote high performance and correct issues with clear, meaningful communication.
- Inspiring Innovation Unleash a culture of organizational creativity and continuous improvement.
- Managing Change Maintain employee engagement during times of transformation.
- Influencing Others Create buy-in and advance ideas by strategically building trust and credibility.
- Handling Resistance Push initiatives forward and maintain relationships by dealing effectively with opposition.
- Leading Teams Position employees for success with the fundamentals of high performance.
- Leading Virtually Communicate effectively across a range of media to a diverse audience.
Other topics that could be added include Accountability, Managing Priorities, Handling Conflict, Emotional Intelligence, and more.
- Accelerated time-to-market for new product concepts
- Reduced friction and increased productivity
- More rapid adoption and implementation of new technology, techniques, and processes
- Retention of high-value talent
- Smoother, faster transitions for people promoted to leadership roles
- Leaders who can handle an increased span of control
- A culture where employees thrive and a reputation that attracts the best in the business
- Research-based content and real-world practice scenarios for maximum relevance and impact
- Modular program design for easy customization and flexible implementation
- Continuous learning approach with multiple touchpoints to increase engagement and knowledge retention
- Assessment process for quantifiable improvements